Research and creation support programme
Images of resistance
The Institut pour la photographie’s research and creation support programme aims to develop, share and compare diverse approaches to photography – the history of photography, images anthropology, visual studies and plastic arts research.
Doctoral students, university or independent researchers, exhibition curators and artists wishing to carry out a new project – study, publication, exhibition or art works – responding to the announced theme are invited to apply.
Four annual grants of 15.000 euros will be awarded for the time required to research, design and execute the selected projects. Symposia, workshops and events will be organised to enrich these exchanges during the year before the final works are presented at a public meeting organised by the Institut pour la photographie. The content and dates of the programme’s various meetings will be organised jointly with the recipients.
– Wednesday 27 October: announcement of the 2022 theme
– Friday 10 December 2021 – 3pm (French time): Deadline for applications
No applications will be accepted after the announced date
– During March 2022: Announcement of the 4 winners
– May 2022: Start of the research and creation support programme
Your application, in English or French, must contain the following documents in PDF format ONLY, in a single folder:
– A detailed project note of intent (8,000 characters/1,300 words maximum);
– A provisional calendar for the execution of the project over the period of the Institute’s research and creation support programme;
– 5-20 visuals (printed A4 version/72 dpi) pertaining to the project proposed by the applicant;
– A one-page summary CV containing the following elements: position currently held or work in progress, education, selection of exhibitions, publications, talks and projects made by the applicant;
– A copyright-free photographic portrait of the candidate;
– A letter of recommendation from a recognised professional in the field of art, research or publishing.
Please read the rules carefully. Any application that does not respect the conditions will be rejected, without exception.
Full rules of the research and creation support programme : download
Download the FAQ’s
To submit your application: click here